Thursday 14 February 2013

Dancer


Dancer by Vickie Sears

I did read the text. The story is about the foster care child. I did remember I read the story about stereotype of foster care child.  Most people thought Foster care child are aggressive or ‘sociopathic1. I did look for the page of stereotype. I could not find the article that I had read about this. But I did find another citation of stereotype.
‘’ Have the wrong idea about children and young adults in the foster care system. Most people feel that the youth in foster care are troubled, hardened, aggressive, delinquent, irresponsible, and, in some aspects, dangerous’’2
The personage of this story did adopt the child. I respected her decision. It seemed she did hear about the negative, but she didn’t focus on that. Later in the story personage was worried about Clarissa because she’d tried to kill one of the cats. Later the personage discovers that she was special. Then she truly cared about her. Until now I didn’t really think about the adoption of child, but I could do that if I can’t give birth of the child. The story also talked about the dance. It seemed Clarissa was talent for dance. I did remind myself, I did practice dance, Jazz style, when I was young girl. It was about three year. I did really enjoy it. Because of hearing less I followed others members dance and tried move on it by myself.



‘’ One time I got her to tell me what she was seeing, and she told me how she was being chased by a man with a long knife what he was going to kill her with and nobody could hear her calling out for help’’ 3

‘’ They said her tribe was Assiniboin, but they weren’t for certain. What was for sure that she was fine darked-eyed girl just meant for someone to scoop up for loving’’ 4
‘’I’m an Assiniboin’’ Clear as it can be, she says it again. Don’t nobody have to say nothing to something that proud said’’5
Clarissa did know about her originative. At the beginning of text Clarissa was with Eaglespirit woman. That sounded Indian. It could be her family. I suspected Clarissa did already know who she was, but she could not to be open-mind with that at first period. Later the personage succeed to get hear the story from Clarissa. She told she was being chased by a man. The most of foster care child have trauma-experience.  Later she became more comfortable. She did identify herself as Assiniboin.

‘’ I called for Clarissa to come to my room. I told her, ‘’ I think it’s time you have something special for you self’’. Then I held up the green satin and saw her eyes full up with glitter. She didn’t say nothing. Only kisses m and runs off to her room’’6
It took long time to have good contact with Clarissa. She was difficult child with large memories of her youth. If you did keep the foster child for long time, the contact become better than before. She only needed the time.


Citations
1: Dancer by Sears, Victie pg 21 second paragraph of article.
2: http://www.kon.org/urc/v6/howard.html the citiatons of Dent, V (2001). Don’t prejudge teens in care. Retrieved March 26 2006. Beyond of this website I could not find true article of Dent, V.
3. Dancer by Sears, Victie pg 21-22 third paragraph of article.
4. Dancer by Sears, Victie. Pg  22 third paragraph of article.
5. Dancer by Sears, Victie. Pg 25 11th paragraph of article.
6. Dancer by Sears, Victie. Pg 25 12th paragraph of article.

No comments:

Post a Comment