Tuesday 9 April 2013

Dawn by Tim Wynne-jones





The story is told by Barnsey, actually his name is Matthew. He is thirteen year old and lived in Ottawa. He wrote about how he did meet Dawn. He did meet her during the bus trip to North Bay, the city where his grandma Barrymore lived. Because of Christmas day he visited his grandma Barrymore . He travelled alone with bus. His parents would follow Christmas day. I can remember myself when I am young and went to my grandma with train alone. My mother did drop me by train station. I brought some foods and books with me, but I did not read book because I was afraid that I was forgetting to step out. I also wanted to follow the name boards because I was afraid I stepped out by wrong place.  During this trip I felt not comfortable by others. I was young and I don’t like strangers. I was thinking too much about rape, stealing by dangerous people. When I arrive the place where my grandma lived, I stepped out and I saw my grandma stood by the station and waved to me. I was relieved when I saw her standing there. Whatever, you have to have experience the first time travel alone. Now I did travel alone by train, fly and bus because I can and did experience after first time.


It was only the way she looked that he had any problem with. The nine earrings, the nose rings, and the Mohawak in particular --- orange along the scalp and purple along the crest as if her skull was a planet and the sun was coming up on the horizon of her head. She was about twenty and dressed all in black, with clunky black Doc Martens, then Barnsey would listen to his and everything would be fine.
Leaving home, Dawn. T.Wynne-Jones pg 96
People always have prejudged about someone whom they don’t know. Most people are afraid by the dangerous person. Then they have some prejudge if they see person with dirty clothes and cap to cover face. That is Barnsey’s first impression about Dawn by external  

He didn’t go to the door. He watched from the window. They should have come in the big car. But there wasn’t any they. Just his dad
Leaving home, Dawn. T.Wynne-Jones. Pg 108
He realized his parents want him to leave, so they could divorce and manage it. It was really sad for Barnsey when he saw his father came without his mother. He was really in shock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment