Monday 1 April 2013

The Circuit by Fransico Jiménez



Circuit means turn over and cycle

The story is written by Latino auteur. I can notice it by Spanish name and the story. The story is about immigration and getting job. I suspect that the story is from experience of auteur. Because of his family need money. So Boy, his name is Panchito, moved with his family to terrible shack and work for bracero program. The program is Mexicans moved to America to work at the crops. They get little money for that and live in bad area. I cannot imagine myself to live there and work at the crops. When I was eleven year old. My parents want to move to other place because of my education. My school was one and half hour far from home. I went to school with cab every day. One year before my high school my parents decided to move, because they don’t want to send me to dorms. They want to raise me by themselves. That was our best decision in us life. I am very happy that I live close my deaf school and friends. I won’t move again. Panchito was happy he can get corridos lesson from Mr. Lema. Later he heard bad news that he has to move out. I think because his family were found by American cops. That’s very sad.



As we drove home Papá did not say a word. With both hands on the wheel, he started at the dirt road. My older brother, Roberto, was also silent. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Once in a while he cleared from his throat the dust that blew in from outside. Yes, it was that time of year.
Leaving my home, the circuit, pg 55

Yes, it was that time of year:  I think that means the time of year they have problems with money again. Dad and his brother were sad because they have to look for job again. They are not looking forward to work at the cops in dry area with hot sun, but they have to earn the money to feed family and pay for the school.



That day I could hardly wait to get home to tell  Papá and Mamá that great news. As I got off the bus, my little brothers and sisters ran up to meet me. They were yelling and screaming. I thought they were happy to see me, but when I opened the door to our shack, I saw that everything we owned was neatly packed in cardboard boxes
Leaving my home, the circuit, pg 62

Panchito was happy he could get corridos lesson. That’s Mexican music He wanted to tell to his parents, but he found out that his stuff are packed in cardboard boxes. He understood fast that his family and he have to move back to Mexico. Maybe the teacher of school has told the cops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment